Monday, January 8, 2007

ITIM Self Care Examples

ITIM 4.6 installs with a self care application that you have to do some work with to set it up. On linux this should be in the /opt/IBM/itim/extensions/example/self_care directory. There is a readme.html file which is pretty good. I didn't have any problem at all getting this up and running following the instructions.

I will say though that when I self registered some users, I never received the emails that were supposed to be sent to each user. Not sure why. Also now that I enabled the challenge/response, every time I login to ITIM, I'm prompted to answer a challenge question. I'll have to play with this a bit yet.

I thought that this was going to be primarily a tool that existing users could use, but it also has self registration functionality already built in so a user can create a new identity. What would be cool is if TIM could automatically suspend or disable accounts that are not active after some specified amount of time or something. I can just see users creating tons of accounts over and over again as they can't remember what their user id was in the first place. Anyhow, it's worth taking a look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I did the same ,but I am getting some j2c.properties XML parsing error. is it a problem of fix pack for websphere 5.1? My user never got created in ITIM using self care if I register it.

The ITIM/Extensions examples are pretty good to try. Keep good work.