Monday, May 12, 2008

5 Days until Pulse 08

I was a long time Domino guy since the beginning of Notes/Domino 5.0.a. I think my first Lotusphere was in 2002. I don't think I've ever been to a more passionate geek fest than the one Lotus puts on. I recall seeing the same faces each year with the ever popular Turtle parties to kick off each 'Sphere. Lotus developed quite a cult following over the years at least while I was involved.

So a while back I let go of Lotus (around v6.x) and switched hats to Tivoli (Security that is). This year is my first Tivoli conference (See IBM Pulse 2008). So far my expectations are not all that high. For one, a number of my IBM friends from ISST are not going. Boo! Apparently the way IBM is recording the big profits this year is quite simple. They don't spend any money. Not even on new business cards. So I'm not sure I will see many familiar faces at Pulse. But hey, I'm optimistic that it will be a very valuable experience. I had the Lotusphere Conference down to a science, especially when finding the best parties for the evening. Looks like I'll have to start from scratch this year at Pulse.

Some things on my agenda:

1.) Meet the folks at SecurIT - I'm interested in any companion products to TIM
2.) Take a test or two
3.) Get through a bunch of Security Sessions - Not sure which ones yet
5.) Hopefully find some info on Encentuate - Labs, Sessions, Demos, anything
6.) Need to do some TFIM - Labs, Sessions, etc...
7.) Find some good parties
8.) Work the Showcase
9.) Learn something new - I'm open to suggestions here. Anyone know what is hot hot hot? Besides security.
10.) Buy some Tivoli gear.

Anyhow, I'm hoping this conference will be valuable and hopefully Ill meet some cool people with the same type of passion I used to meet at Lotusphere.

See you at Pulse!

No comments: