Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Whew! The fingers are a bit rusty.

I sort of feel like I've neglected a child or something. The past year has been so overwhelmingly busy that I have failed to keep this blog up to date in any meaningful way. I hope to change that this year as I continue on this path doing Tivoli Security.
Anyhow, besides a siginficant amount of traveling over most of 2008 and the beginning of 2009, I had also embarked on a major home construction project. It seems my whole life is about projects even at home. So just in case someone thinks that I have been sitting on my duff and not posting things to my blog here is a small glimps into my home project:
First off just to provide a prospective, I was involved in a fairly complex TIM/TAM/TFIM project on the East coast for all of 2008 and the first part of 2009. So, I would often leave my home in Buffalo on Monday morning and travel back home on Thursday night or Friday. Practically every weekend and any week nights I had available in 2008 were spent finishing my basement.
The kids were in need of some rec space. Living in the North you tend to spend several months in hibernation so finishing the basement was essential to providing a little more space for the kids to be kids. On top of that I desparately needed an office. It's been too long that my filing cabinets had been stored in my walk in closet off our master bedroom. Then my wife was also getting fed up with me camping out at our dining room table to do my work. Picture two lap tops, two external hard drives, power stripss laying across the dining room floor and papers strewn across the dining room table. Of course all of those Tivoli lab guides and classroom materials and CDs laying around doesn't help either.
So, I finished my basement and in all this took about 10 months between February 2008 and December 2008. I still have some trim work and doors to do and of course we will have to furnish it now. Feel free to view my pictures on Flickr:

Before:










After:


No comments: